The Highlands school has a rigorous academic program.
Small classes of not more than 12 students
- Students are given direct EF instruction
- 4 years of math and English are required
- Extra reading and writing support
- Laptops for all students and Smartboards in every classroom
- Special area classes in music, art, drama, health, and P.E.
- Weekly classes in our Hands on Highlands program that engages students in a quarterly, rotating program in hands-on learning, activates their critical thinking, and immerses them in a project-based curriculum in the following areas: Growing Greater (agriculture/horticulture), Building Today (woodworking), Tasting Success (cooking and nutrition), and Lego Robotics.
- Curriculum approved by the Maryland State Department of Education